Popular Posts

Front Door Style

Friday, September 3, 2010

As we're in the midst of having our house painted (btw, it is looking great!), it has become blatantly obvious that our front door/stoop is in desperate need of a face lift.  So, I have front doors on the brain everything from color, door hardware, lighting, house numbers, door mats, planters and wrought iron railings.  My style?  Think classic with a twist!    Here is one before and after front door makeover that has me inspired.  


Before:

After:
This makeover is very classic which I like.  Knowing me, I'd add a little 'twist' in here and there (maybe some fire engine red peel off numbers for the door).  But, I do like a lot of things about this make over, mainly the over sized lanterns and the absence of the storm door.  

Here in New England, everyone has a storm door mainly because it's energy efficient (especially during the colder months).  Last weekend, with screwdriver in hand, I took off our storm door and I love it!  Now, I just need to convince my husband to keep it that way!