Popular Posts

Before and After: Kitchen Flat Roman Shade

Monday, January 24, 2011

This year I resolved to add some final touches to our kitchen.  One of the things I wanted to do was to add a flat roman shade to our kitchen window.  Not for privacy -  I just wanted to add a dose of color and pattern.  Here is my kitchen now with my new flat roman shade:


Don't you love it?  I bought the fabric at an awesome price from LGN and was contemplating doing the shade myself.  Even though I got the fabric for a great price, it was still more than I would usually pay and I didn't want to risk messing up the fabric.  So, I opted to have the roman shade done by Windows by Melissa (found via 6th Street Design). Melissa does custom window treatments.  Here is another shot:


Melissa did an amazing job and the shade was super affordable compared to how much custom shades run.  I am extremely happy.  Just so you can get the real effect, here is the before shot:


And, another before shot:


A big difference, huh?  I think the shade makes the kitchen and now every time I walk into my kitchen I smile!  Thank you, Melissa!!  It was great working with you!

Sidenote: I made my post column wider and so now I can post larger pictures.  I think it looks a lot better.  Here is a great tutorial if you need one!